About Mirela / Contact
I am a Romanian and English interpreter and translator ,based in London and I work with clients in the UK from Romanian speaking communities to facilitate the effective communication between English and Romanian.
A passionate linguist with over 20 years experience, with a preference for the legal matters. I am self-employed and enthusiastically promote the protection of title for interpreters.
I continually maintain an active programme of professional development and hold a wide range of professional qualifications. I have a good reputation with clients for my reliability and consistent high standards.
I am a bilingual person, with a love of languages and a heightened understanding of intercultural communication. My motto is: “If it can be said, I can interpret it!” and my pledge is to observe confidentiality, strive for accuracy, display impartiality, ensure transparency, promote direct communication, respect professional boundaries, support intercultural communication and maintain professional conduct.
- Court translation service in crisis after cost-cutting deal- Channel 4 News- 2012
- The interpreter’s story: Mirela Watson- The Guardian 2012
- Northampton judge brands interpreting service “hopelessly incompetent”- Northampton Chronicle &Echo- 2013
- UKIP, Nigel Farage and Romanians in the electoral election (Romanian version) –RFI Romania newspaper- 2014
- Northpod Law podcast 2014
- Slaves are trafficked to the UK and forced to live in rat-infested accommodation to wash car for £10 a day – Daily Mail-2017